Skip to main content

New Stablemate Molds 2020

There are two new Stablemate foal molds found in the Mystery Unicorn Surprise A and C sets. One is cantering with her head and tail up. This older filly has a sturdy build. I’m thinking she’ll make nice Warmblood and draft cross customs.

2020 New Breyer Stablemate Foal in Mystery Unicorn Foal Set C
The second new foal is in a playful pose. She is younger and smaller. She is a pearly pale blue that turns to pink. She seems to be lacking the detail found in other SM foals. For customizers, she might make a nice light breed or pony foal.

New 2020 Breyer Stablemate Foal Mystery Unicorn Foal Set A (note smaller size)
New 2020 Breyer Stablemate Foal Molds with standing foal for size comparison.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Pan Pastels - An Update

A little while back I posted a photo of my new Pan Pastel colors. I've gotten a chance to use them, and have found them quite handy.

     First, these colors are all useful—which is not something I say about many of the Pan Pastel colors because they are not all well suited for horses. The orange shade looks a little odd at first, but once it's part of the coat it softens to a nice, bright addition to chestnuts, palominos, buckskins and bays. I think of is as more of a golden tone than orange when the model is finished.
     Second, they are easy to use—no sandpaper palette needed, no huge-jar-o-dust waiting to spill. The pans work with both paintbrushes and Microbrush applicators for small details like leg bars and dorsal stripes.
    Third, the colors work well together and blend well. For example, on this model I used the Burnt Sienna Extra Dark to deepen a few areas I had dusted with the Burnt Sienna Shade.

So... these new Pan Pastel colors definitely have a place in my s…

(Almost) Wordless Wednesday Percheron and Clydesdale Comparison

Performance Bases with Kinetic Sand

I am getting ready for the Save The Tigers Model Horse Show on Saturday, and I thought I'd spiff up my performance entries a little with arena bases. My goals here were to keep to a small budget and a manageable size.

For the first one, I found a wall hanging at Walmart—a picture frame without glass or a matte for about $5.00. I removed the hook from the back so it would lie flat on the table and a clip from the front. I also found a 3 lb. bag of kinetic sand for $13.00. (Regular sand can be done, but I usually make a mess of it.) Honestly, I'm a little worried about sand scratching my models, but it does look neat.

The fence is made of hobby wood (the small Popsicle sticks) and is removable for easy, flat storage. It stands 1 3/4 inches above the edge of the arena. Just a note, I steer clear of balsa wood because it is so fragile.






 The second base I made was a little more work, and cost about the same because I had some scrap wood at home. I purchased a piece of craft plywoo…