Skip to main content

One Hundred Horses: Number Eight

Figaro a Lusitano Stallion by Sarah Tregay.

Figaro
  Number Eight is Figaro, a grulla Lusitano stallion. I tried out some new art supplies with him.

First I put down a basecoat of Rust-Oleum 2x paint plus primer that I had used before (https://customminimodelhorses.blogspot.com/2018/06/rust-oleum-painters-touch-paint-primer.html). Next I got out my new Pan pastel color Raw Umber 780.5, which reminds me of the color of a horse that has rolled in the mud and it has dried.


But... I was able to get a grulla tone with this, not just mud.

Pan pastel 780.5 Raw Umber and Fossil Paint + Primer worked well together.

The next new item was a cheap craft paint that I bought to save time in mixing up a chocolaty brown for eye color. It wasn't successful because there was very little pigment in the paint, even after stirring it. I purchased it to save time, not to waste time with many layers.

Craft paint that didn't work for me because it was too transparent.

Brown paint didn't cover the white paint underneath.
This craft paint worked well for Figaro's small snip.


Comments